Trunk Tips Newsletter February 2013
Trunk Text Toolbar Tips Part II
The Trunk text box toolbar appears in a wide variety of Trunk tools (Announcements, Syllabus, Assignments, Forums, Test & Quizzes, Calendar, Glossary, Messages, Mailtool, Resources and Site Information Display). The toolbar consists of text formatting tools accessed by clicking on one of the toolbar icons.
Adding an Equation
Clicking on the “WIRIS Equation Editior” icon allows users to insert mathematical equations, operators, symbols, arrows, functions and Greek characters.
Adding an Image
Clicking on the “Insert/Edit Image” icon allows users to add an image to the text box. To add the image to a Trunk text box:
- Click on the Insert/Edit Image icon – this displays the image dialog box
- Click Browse Server – this displays Trunk’s entity picker – your site Resource folders should be displayed
- Click on the folder that contains the image file then select the image or click on the Browse button and browse your computer for an image and select Upload
- This returns you to the image dialog box (now with the image displayed) where you can adjust the height and width
- Click Ok to save and display your image
2013 Teaching with Sakai Innovation Awards
Trunk is powered by Sakai, an open source collaboration and learning environment (CLE).
The Sakai Teaching and Learning community holds an annual Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA) competition that recognizes innovation and excellence in technology-supported teaching, academic collaboration, and student engagement.
TWSIA submissions are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Higher Education: Face-to-face
- Higher Education: Fully Online or Hybrid Course
- Primary and Secondary Education (K-12)
- Project Sites & Other Uses of Sakai
- Portfolio sites
We encourage interested faculty to apply. For more information and to apply, please go to openedpractices.org/twsia. The closing date for entries is March 1, 2013.