Trunk Tips Newsletter March 2013
Trunk Text Toolbar Tips Part III
The Trunk text box toolbar appears in a wide variety of Trunk tools (Announcements, Syllabus, Assignments, Forums, Test & Quizzes, Calendar, Glossary, Messages, Mailtool, Resources and Site Information Display). The toolbar consists of text formatting tools accessed by clicking on one of the toolbar icons.
Adding a Youtube Video
Clicking on the “Source” icon places the Trunk text box in HTML edit mode allowing users to paste a YouTube embed code.
To embed a YouTube video in a Trunk text box:
- Go to the YouTube website and locate the video you would like to embed in the Trunk text box.
- In YouTube, click on the Share button, then click on Embed.
- This displays the YouTube embed code.
- Checkmark Use Old embed code.
- Copy this code to your computer’s clipboard (CTRL-C WIN or CMD-C MAC).
- Go to the Trunk Text box and click on the Source icon.
- This displays the text box in HTML edit mode.
- Paste the YouTube embed code into the Trunk text box.
- Click on the Source icon. This returns you to the trunk text box.
- The embedded YouTube video will appear in the Trunk text box as a “puzzle” icon but will display as an embedded mp3 audio player when posted.
Adding a Template
Clicking on the Templates icon allows users to insert a number of MS Word-type templates to format the display of content.