How do I grade a single submission group assignment?
Instructors that have chosen to allow a single submission for a group assignment can enter a single grade that will apply to all members of the group. Single submission assignments also have a group grade over-ride allowing an instrutor to assign individual grades to members of the group.
Note: You must have groups (created in Site Editor / Manage Groups) to create a single submission group assignment.
Setting Up the single submission assignment:
- In the Add Assignment form, under Access, checkmark "Are Submissions for a group. Selecting this option will allow any member of a group to submit for the entire group. Instructors will be able to assign a single grade to everyone in the group (with an option to override any single grade).
- Assign the access to a specific group OR ALL GROUPS. Note: You must have existing groups in your site in order for the Display to selected groups option to appear.
- Select the group(s).
Example of how a single submission group assignment looks in the assignment list:
Example of how a single submission assignment appears to the students:
Note: Once a member of the group submits a file for the entire group, no other member of the group will be able to submit to the assignment.
This displays the assignment submissions list.
Click Grade (below the group you want to assign a grade)
This displays the assignment submission page.
Download submission, assign grade - (grade over-ride and add comments optional)
- Click the link to the file to download it to your computer
- Enter a grade that will be assigned to each member of the group
- If you want to over-ride the assigned grade for a particular individual in the group, checkmark "Assign Grade Overrides". A dropdown panel will appear with the names of each member of the group. (optional)
- Assign an individual grade (optional)
- Add feedback comments (optional)
Allow resubmission (optional)
Checkmark "Allow Resubmission", enter the number of resubmissions allowed and an "Accept Until" date. (Note: this date overrides the original assignment "accept until" date.
Click "Save and Release" or "Save and Don't Release"
Save and Don't Release to Student - The grade(s) and feedback will be recorded but students in the group will not be able to see them.
Save and Release to Student - The grade(s) and feedback will be recorded and students in the group will be able to see them. If you have associated the group assignment with the Gradebook tool, the grades and comments will be sent to the Gradebook tool as well.