How do I allow students to upload media to a Collection as part of an Assignment?
By default, students cannot upload media to the Media Gallery. Instructors may want to allow students to upload media to a Collection as part of an Assignment. With these settings, the media file can only be seen and viewed by the instructor and the individual student.
Note: The instructor can, at any time. make an individual student's uploaded media available to be viewed by the rest of the class.
To allow students to upload media to a Collection as part of an Assignment click on Media Gallery in the left tool panel.
At the top of the Media Gallery tool, click on Permissions.
In the "Student" and "Student Non-Registered" column, checkmark "Allow user to upload content", then click Save.
This returns the display to the Media Gallery page.
Students now have an "Upload New Media" button for the Site Library and for any Collection that has been set up to allow students to upload to the collection. Students also now have a My Media tab.
Select Personal as the Collection Management type, then click Save.
Selecting the Personal Collection Management will:
- Allow all site members (with uploading permission) to upload media to the collection
- By default, the student uploaded media is marked "private"
- Only the instructor and the individual student can view the media uploaded by the student
- Only the instructor and the individual student can edit the media metadata (name, tags, description).
- The instructor (or the student) can at any time change the privacy settings from private to public allowing other students to see the media
This Collection management is preferred if instructor allows students to upload media to a Collection as part of an assignment.
After clicking "Save" the display is returned to the Collection space with the new Collection selected. Once a media item is added to a Collection, the Collection is displayed within a bounding box.