How do I connect a Test & Quizzes assessment to the Gradebook?
Instructors can connect a Test & Quiz assessment to the Gradebook2 tool.
When such a connection is made:
- An item is automatically added to the Gradebook2 tool when the assessment is published
- The Gradebook item grades are automatically released to students in the Gradebook2 tool (regardless of the assessment Feedback options)
- Grades (for those assessment questions that are automatically graded) are published in the Gradebook2 tool as soon as the student submits the assessment.
- All additional manual grading (Short Answer/Essay - File Upload - Recorded Answer) must be done in the Test & Quizzes tool. New grades are automatically updated to the Gradebook2 tool.
- Assessment "Points" are automatically converted to percentages or letter grades if your Gradebook 2 is set-up for Percentage or Letter grading (based on correct percentage of assessment points)
Under the Working Copies tab, for the selected assessment, click Select Action / Settings
Click Save Settings.
For more details on configuring assessment settings see "How do I configure the Settings for an Assessment?"
When ready to publish, under the Working Copies tab, for the selected assessment, click Select Action / Publish.
For more details on how to publish an assessment see "How do I publish an Assessment?"