How do I create a Project site?
As part of Tufts' adoption of Canvas, we are beginning the retirement of Trunk Project Sites. As of June 1, 2018, Trunk users are no longer be able to create new Project Sites.
Tufts offers many other platforms that allow users to discuss, share, and collaborate. To learn more about these tools, visit our guide to Project Site alternatives. Guidance for migrating content from Project Sites to Box is also available.
On your Workspace site, click Site Setup.
This displays the Site Setup page.
This displays the Site Type page.
Select Project Site, then click Continue.
This displays the Project site information page.
Enter Project site information, then click Continue.
- Enter a name for the Project site (Required)
- Provide a Project site description (Optional - this information will display in the Project site "Site Info" panel).
- Add an Icon image URL (Optional - this image will display in the upper left corner of the Project site above the Tools Menu)
- Click Continue.
Select the tools you would like to use for the Project site, then click Continue.
Select the project site access properties, then click Continue.
- Publish the site: (You can either publish the site now or later. See "How do I publish a Project site?" - When a project site is published, anyone with an account on the site may access the site).
- Select the Project site Visibility: (Leave the default "Private" unless you intend to allow authenticated users (those that can log into Trunk) the option to "Join" the Project site).
- Select Global Access: (leave the default "Limited" unless you intend to allow authenticated users (those that can log into Trunk) the option to "Join" the Project site). See "How do I join a Project site?"
- Click Continue.
Click Create Site.
This creates the project site.