How do I create and manage assessment Parts?
Assessments can be divided into sections called "Parts". An assessment Part can have its own title, questions, question pool draws, attachments (for resources or directions), and question ordering.
An assessment can include as many parts as you’d like, but it must include at least one part. When you create an assessment, it automatically includes a part, called “Default.” You can add questions to this part, and you can also add questions to additional parts you create.
You can add Parts to a new assessment as you create it, or Parts can be added to an existing assessment.
Under Working Copies, for the selected assessment, click Select Action / Edit.
Edit the Part properties and information.
- Enter a name for this part of the assessment in the Title box.
- If desired, use the Information box and enter instructions or other information for this part of the assessment. Note: You may use the Rich Text Editor to add information.
- To add attachments, click Add Attachments.
- In the Type section, click to indicate whether you will author one question at a time or random draw from a pool of questions.
If you click random draw from a pool of questions see "How do I draw random questions from a Question Pool?"
5. Under "Question ordering", for the type Questions authored one-by-one, use the radio buttons to either dictate the order of questions, or allow a random ordering (of all authored questions) within the part.
6. Under "Metadata", you may use the text boxes to record any objectives, keywords, or rubrics. (Optional)
To Edit a Part, click Edit (to the fart right of the Part name)
To reorder assessment Parts, use the Part dropdown menus and change the numerical order of the Parts.
To Remove an assessment Part, click Remove ( to the right of the Part name).
This displays the Remove Part Confirmation page.
Select question removal type, then click Remove.
To remove the part and all of its questions, click Remove part and all questions. To remove the part and move the questions in it to another part in the assessment, click the remaining option and select the destination for the questions from the dropdown menu.
Note: The first part listed on the editing screen will not have the Remove option. To remove the first part, you must switch its order with another part (if you don't have another part, you'll have to create one), and then click Remove.