How do I create an assessment using the Tests & Quizzes Assessment Builder?
The Tests & Quizzes tool allows instructors to create online assessments (i.e., tests, quizzes, exams, and surveys) for students or groups.
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
This displays the Test & Quizzes page.
Note: The Test & Quizzes tool is not a default tool. Yo may have to dd the tol to your tool list using Site Editor / Edit Tools. (See: How do I add or remove tools on my Course/Project site? )
Enter a name for the assessment, then click Create.
Use the "Select a question type" dropdown box to select a question type.
For details on question types see:
- How do I add a Multiple Choice question to an assessment?
- How do I add a Short Answer / Essay question to an assessment?
- How do I add a Fill in the Blank question to an assessment?
- How do I add a Numeric Response question to an assessment?
- How do I add a Matching question to an assessment?
- How do I add a True/False question to an assessment?
- How do I add an Audio Recording question to an assessment?
- How do I add a File Upload question to an assessment?
- How do I add a Calculated Question to an assessment?
Continue adding questions until your assessment is complete.
- The total number of questions in the assessment, as well as the total points will be displayed in the upper right corner of the content area.
- You may view your questions the assessment editing screen, along with the answer key shown below each question.
- If you would like to delete a question, click the Remove link to the right of the question.
- If you need to make a change to an existing question, click the Edit link to the right of the question.
Tip: An assessment must have at least one question, and the question must be worth greater than zero in order to add the assessment to the Gradebook.
After you have added all of the assessment questions, click Settings to configure how the assessment will be delivered to the students. For a detailed explanation of the assessment Settings see "How do I configure the Settings for an assessment?"
After you have configured the Setting for the assessment, click Publish to release the assessments to students. For a detailed explanation of Publishing an assessment see "How do I Publish an assessment?"