How do I add an event to the Calendar?
The Calendar tool allows instructors to post event items to a class calendar.
Add Event content, then click Save Event.
- You must enter a Title, Date, and Start Time to create an event. All other fields are optional.
- Message: You may also provide additional event details in the Message area. Use the Rich text Editor to format your text and add links, images, audio or video.
- Display Options: You may select to display the event to the whole site, or to selected groups. Display to site is the default. Note: You must have existing groups (or sections) in your course for the groups option to appear. The menu will expand to show a listing of existing groups and you may select one or several groups from this list.
- Frequency: If your event happens more than once throughout the term, you have the option to modify the frequency of the event so that it posts to the calendar at specified intervals. You also have the option to specify when the frequency Ends. You may select for it to end after a certain number of times, until a specific date, or never. Don't forget to click the Save Frequency button to save your changes!
- Click on the Event Type drop-down menu to view all available types. The default event type is Activity.
- Event Location: Enter a location.
- File Attachments: You may attach a file to your event if desired. For example, you might attach an agenda, a map or instructions on how to get to the location, or any other items that would be helpful for participants attending the event. Click on the Add Attachments button to browse for and select your file.
- Save your event.