How do I bulk download assignments?
Bulk Download Method 1: Checkmark Student submissions (or All), then click Download
This downloads a zip file to your computer that contains a folder for each student with their submitted files. By default, the zip file is named bulk_download.zip
You may choose "All" to select all of the download options, or select only some of them by placing a check mark next to an individual item or items. The options available for download are:
- Student submission text (original student submitted text)
- Student submission attachment(s)
- Grade file (grades.csv file at top level of archive)
- Feedback text (the inline comments with student submission)
- Feedback comments (comments.txt file if available in student's folder. Comments are put into the Instructor Comments field for each student's submission)
- Feedback Attachment(s)
Bulk Download Method 2: Checkmark Student submissions and "One Folder", then click Download
Unpack the zip file. (Example of Download All)
The zip file contains a main folder (named the same as the assignment) that has a subfolder for each student. Each subfolder contains the content submitted by the student for the assignment.
The folder also contains a file named "grades.csv". This comma delimitated file can be opened in a spreadsheet program such as Excel to record grades. This file can be used as a basis for the Feedback Tool (See How do I post student feedback?) or part of the bulk upload feature of the Assignments tool (See How do I bulk upload graded Assignments and feedback?)